A Saxon company with a long tradition

Company name - 1939 - Alwin Aschenborn

Alwin Aschenborn

The company was a successor to Zwickauer Dachpappen- und Asphaltfabrik (founded on 01.02.1868 by Alwin Aschenborn, the great-great-grandfather of the family’s current fifth generation Marcus Aschenborn), and has now developed into a modern medium-sized industrial company.

Picture: Alwin Aschenborn founded BORNIT on 01.02.1868

After being taken over by the state in 1972 and renaming as VEB Bitumen-Chemie Zwickau, BORNIT® was one of the first businesses to be reprivatised in 1990. Thanks to extensive investments in new production systems and logistics, BORNIT® has become a manufacturer of state-of-the-art chemical construction products.

Picture: BORNIT products in the warehouse in Zwickau

BORNIT products in the warehouse in Zwickau

Entrance area - BORNIT-Werk Aschenborn GmbH (headquarters)

The extensive quality program is largely the result of our own research and development work. A distribution network specially tailored to the needs of building materials and roofing wholesalers forms the basis for competent application advice and reliable service.

The BORNIT® professional program for building construction, civil engineering and road construction comprises system solutions for protecting and repairing foundations, façades and roofs, as well as for the new construction and maintenance of road surfaces. Modern production facilities and innovative storage and logistics systems guarantee short delivery times.

Picture: Entrance area - BORNIT-Werk Aschenborn GmbH (headquarters)

A company rich in tradition, with 150 years of corporate history, BORNIT-Werk Aschenborn GmbH has unerringly continued on its course of business expansion.

Today, the Zwickau-based company is present on the entire German market with a complete sales program of chemical construction products for the protection and repair of foundations, façades and roofs, as well as a complete program of road construction products.

Picture: Production site Zwickau (production area of over 70,000 sqm)

Production site Zwickau

Tests in the in-house laboratory

Since 1868, the brand BORNIT® has stood for the production and sale of chemical construction products of high quality made to protect building structures. This tradition commits us to infusing the market with new ideas based on our own research and development. BORNIT® products are easy to apply in compliance with ecological standards and modern environmental protection.

Tests in the in-house laboratory ensure consistent qualities.

Picture: Tests in the in-house laboratory

One of the most important goals of BORNIT® is to be a reliable partner for the trade.

Therefore, only building materials and roofing wholesalers and their affiliated specialist markets are supplied.

We are a member of the BDB Bundesverband Deutscher Baustoff-Fachhandel e.V. (Federal Association of the German Building Materials Trade).

Federal Association of the German Building Materials Trade

Our strong logistics partners

Our strong logistics partners ensure punctual delivery throughout Europe - whether just a pallet or a complete truckload!

Picture: Logistics partner - Spedition Umbreit Logistik Solution GmbH